Friday, March 4, 2011

Seasons



December, December.
I will always remember your touch. Your cold-shouldered love.
You were always better at lust; luring me to trust
To believe you were right for me.

June, June.
We met too soon.
We were too much the same.
I loved your eyes in the summertime.
I didn’t know you then/I wish I didn’t know you now.
But we see better after long and heartbreaking days.

August, August
I knew I didn’t need to trust
that you were good for me.
Thankfully you flew by fast, and too long you didn’t last.

September, September.
You’re really the one I don’t want to remember.
Streetlights and park benches late at night
Only lead to catastrophe.

October, October.
You looked promising, I will admit.
But I knew better than to believe
The tears you cried in my front seat.

November, November.
No, no we will not remember the 5th of November. (Such a horrid time)
That month especially I wish I could erase.
I knew then that you were trouble.

And so one more time we meet December.
I confessed my love and I thought I had arrived.
But even then, it was all a lie.
I don’t know what drug you slipped me for those next few months
But I was yours. Heart and Soul.

January, February, March, April and May,
How I wish they never came.
I was a slave. And I was one gladly.
I wish I could take my love away from those few days
I wish my soul from that time I could replace.

The months of Fall came round and I returned once again.

Oh December, December.
I will always remember your touch. Your cold-shouldered love.
You were always better at lust; luring me to trust
To believe you were right for me.

No comments: